SEMI-ANNUAL Highlights - CONDOMINIUMS & APARTMENTS
• A total of 649 condominium units were sold in H2 2019, increasing 18.9% Y-o-Y.
• Of all the condominiums sold in the second half of 2019, 65% were investment-oriented products.
• As of H2 2019, Chinese tourist arrivals showed good signs of recovery, but a stronger Thai baht remains a challenge.
• Four new resort condominium projects were launched in H2 2019: Skypark, The Passport Resort and Yacht Club, Melia Phuket Karon Residences and Otium.
SEMI-ANNUAL Highlights - VILLAS
• A total of 95 villas were sold in H2 2019, increasing 51% Y-o-Y.
• New property sales were dominated by investors who wanted rental income and looking for lower-end villas priced below THB 35 million, accounting for 94% of the total villa sold in H2 2019.
• The upper-end of the market (THB 35 million and above) improved with a total of 6 high-end villas sold.
• Four villa projects were launched in H2 2019, two of which belong to the lower-end segment with prices below THB 35 million. The remaining two belong to the Entry-level segment, while one was in the High-end segment with prices from 35 – 90 million.